Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Cannot believe I Just did that! Part Deux & The Tattoo Taboo


No, this isn't another post about how everything i typed disappeared. This is a post where I talk about doing something I have never done before. Before, you all think of some heroic stunt I might have pulled off, let me assure you, what I did has nothing to do with any achievement of any sort.

I went to see "THE UGLY TRUTH" all alone! :D


I have always wondered how someone can go to the movies all by themselves? I have always, always had someone I could take along and the concept of going alone was an alien one. More often than not, I used to see movies with groups of friends. And there are movies which I've seen with my special someone, and those which I've seen with my closest friends. But never alone. [I think I already made that point]


I loved the experience; I didn't think I would, but I did! And I want to thank Gerard Butler for that! He is simply Amazing!!!! How can anyone not love him?? I liked him in 300, then P.S I Love You happened. Having read that book, I had loads of expectations from it. It didn't live upto all of them, but Gerard Butler was the best Jerry there could ever be!! And in the Ugly truth, When he says all men want is lust and sex and to take control; you actually want to listen to him.. ;-)!!!




So, I'm done with the I cannot believe I did that portion.

In my previous post(which I couldn't post) I wanted to talk about tattoos too. One of my dear friends in Mumbai, got one done recently and me being someone who has always wanted to get one, was totally jealous happy and excited for him! All my conversations on saturday revolved around tattoos.


Being a Hindu Indian girl, getting a tattoo, is not seen well in the society. 9 out of 10 times people(not girls alone) are judged because they have a tattoo. One conversation with my cousin that day went like this:

me: " wish i could get my tattoo and not have anyone judge me"

S: if you really want one; get it done.

me: I know, I will. Just hope dad says its ok for me to get one.

S: Big deal; my colleague has one on her ankle, so, whenever she's at home she always wears trousers or skirts which go upto her ankle.

me: thats the whole point!! why should I get one, and then hide it? especially with family!

S: yeah! u're right, why should you?

After a couple of minutes;

S: you can get one at the back of your neck and leave your hair down at work and home!

me: Well!! what does that prove? same point!
S: O yeah!!

See! Its the corporate world and all that, and there is now rule in the rule book at office which says you shouldn't get a tattoo; but if you meet someone new at work, and they haven't seen you perform but they have seen your tattoo, then they have that preconceived image of what kind of person they think you are going to be!!

It isn't fair, is it? The choice to show or hide something as personal as a tattoo should be yours and not people around you, right? Well, thats what I think! As for me getting a tattoo, albeit the pain while getting it done, it will happen soon. Yes, I did mean that I am going to get a tattoo!!!!

I wanted something small yet exotic. Chinese symbol for love? peace? Or an Aquarius symbol?? O, I don't know! But it'll be on me - soon! [definition of soon is relative isn't it? a couple of weeks, a couple of months,a couple of years]


What do you think about getting one? and if you already have one, help me decide and give me the Do's and Dont's!!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!! Hope You have a Fab week!!